Wednesday 16 March 2011

Reflection: Editing And Filming

My filming commenced on friday 11th march according to schedule. I was able to film over 58 minutes and 38 seconds of footage over the following three days. This than gave me enough raw footage to edit in order for me to create my teaser trailer. Through using a the camcorder i was able to use a USB data lead in order to transfer the data to the computer in the correct format which would then load up in to my video editing software.

Editing took longer than first thought as there was a lot more raw footage to choose from. Also to make sure the story wasn't revealed completely within the teaser trailer, i followed the idea of non linear narrative so that the clips were not in a chronological order. When editing i also found that some of the clips needed to be re-shot as they were either too dark or not stable enough. I then re-shot the clips required on the following friday which was the 18th of march. I was able to complete the re-shooting and add them to my trailer.

Because of the digital technology available to me, i believe that this enabled me to produce my trailer in more efficient and professional way. The camcorder linked directly in to my computer and transferred all digital data into the video editing software. The software gave me a great advantage as there were many tools with which i could edit the recorded data such as cutting parts of the clips, stabilising the shots and adding music to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment